#561 Knick Knacks have a place and purpose in your life








We all have many Knick knacks in our house. What I don’t look forward to each year is spring cleaning.  Spring organizing and Knick knacks go hand in hand.  It’s all well and good to have your gorgeous Knick Knacks, but Spring Cleaning means it is time to reorganize yourself, to give your home a thorough scrub and to clear up the clutter.  
I was reading an article the other day that people guard their Knicks knacks like Gollum with the damn ring. and unfortunately that is me.  My Knick knacks are stored in cupboards or some high up so the cat won’t knock it down.  Items like figurines, miniature tea sets, furniture, mechanisms, and wood carvings.  If it can fit in a shelf, I’m sold.


Even though my mother and some family members dislike knickknacks because of the potential clutter and dust (but we won’t hold it against them), I didn’t grow up having any about the house, and just love them.  I’ve somehow managed to slake my little obsession by having a little piece here and there and they are remnants of my travels, my life and some are sentimental to me.  


What I love the most and treasure immensely are my items from Indonesia and from my travels.  I love African timber knickknacks. The figurines are representative of their culture, and are masterfully done. From beautiful carved timber bowls to tiny huts to fishermen in a boat, crafts and delicate embroidery the possibilities are endless. Most of my Knick knacks were affordable, are locally-made ornaments and most from Indonesia, they are special.
I love the fact that someone has spent so much time crafting and designing the delicate features and the hours spent on making that little Knick knack to be perfect and ready for buying.


One of our second life designers have been carefully crafting their way towards some gorgeous items called “Paint your Life” which are available now at Shiny Shabby, this being our own Natacha Haroldsen from her store “Knick Knacks”.
So what are you waiting for, come take a walk to our destination for today: -
Destination: - Shiny Shabby (Knick Knacks)


Es Quisse: – Knick Knacks - Paint your Life - Es Quisse – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Easel and Canvas:– Knick Knacks - Paint your Life – Easel and Canvas – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Palette and Brushes: – Knick Knacks - Paint your Life – Palette and Brushes – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Stool: – Knick Knacks - Paint your Life - Stool – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Paint Pots: – Knick Knacks - Paint your Life - Stool – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Board: – Knick Knacks - Paint your Life - Board – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Pillow: – Knick Knacks - Paint your Life – Pillow – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Rug: – Knick Knacks - Paint your Life – Rug – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Bath: – Nomad - Heavenly- Bath – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Soap Stand – Nomad – Soap Stand – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Satin Curtain: - Nomad Beige Satin Curtain – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Illa Lamp: - Concept Illa Lamp (Gift) – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Grandfather Clock: - White Distressed Clock - Zerkalo – (New) @ The LTD Event now at Zerkalo
Lace Curtain: - Cinphul Lace Curtain A
Carrot with Rabbit: - Malo Big Rabbit – Carrot – (New) @ Shiny Shabby (rare)
Rabbit on Belly: - Malo Big Rabbit – Belly – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Rolled Up Rabbit: - Malo Big Rabbit – Rolled up – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Bag: - Attic Bookworn Messenger spell Bag – (Rare) (New) @ Kustom 9


Pic: Taken at Amatorum with some modifications