#560 The Scent of lemon greets you in the morning




Working all night and travelling at 7 in the morning comes different sentiments at times. There are those earnest longings for slumber, just craving to get some much needed shut-eye; and then there are those times, though seldom, that I greet the morning with expectation.
You take a huge breath, the new day ahead and somehow it’s yours for the taking. As infrequent as this disposition is to me, I welcome it. I am not always this genial this time in the morning, especially as I haven’t had my morning coffee.


So I’m travelling home this morning, and due to certain misadventures from the night before- which I won’t elaborate on,-meant that I didn’t have my car and so needed to catch the train home from travel from interstate.  Grrrr. Admittedly, I despise catching public transport, especially so early in the morning when you have luggage as well, amidst the peak hour transit; the people that squish into the seat beside you, the ones that love to snore and/or have forgotten to wear deodorant in the morning, wishing that the train’s windows opened but are glued shut. More grrrrr. :D
Perhaps it was in quiet veneration of the stillness of the morning, but the fog was thick, shards of sunlight barely breaching through the misty air. Riding the train through the Harbour Bridge, its imposing iron beams were barely visible, almost as if we were just floating seamlessly though the foggy air and drifting in the sky.  By the time I got to my stop, the fog had already cleared, the heat broadcasting itself saying ‘Hello, I’m awake and it is going to be hot today’.  So when I stepped out of the train, I was greeted immediately by this amazing scent.

It was thick in smell and not a chemical smell either, it was pure lemons.  I was fascinated. I must have stood there for a few minutes pretending to search in my bag for the ticket even when it was in my hand, when actually; I was inhaling the fresh scent of lemon. It was intoxicating. I could see the lemon trees on the other side of the fence of the rail way line and it was like it was right next to me.  It was amazingly strong, but above all refreshing. I had never smelt them like this before. Given I hadn’t caught the train in ages, it was beautiful.
What I didn’t know before writing this blog passage, that lemons, or alternatively called ‘super fruit’ have so many unbelievable benefits. There has been research done that shows lemon scent has a calming effect which therefore is capable of decreasing anxiety, dizziness, nervousness, and tension. The effects of inhaling lemon scented oil have been known to help increase concentration and alertness.  Most definitely I was alert now, and hadn’t even had a coffee yet. The lemon scent was stronger than that coffee aroma you can smell or newly fresh cut grass.  It was empowering in its odour but very pleasant at the same time. It was simply delightful, and brought a smile to my face as I remembered one of our Second life designers had recently created a Lemon Tree for Shiny Shabby which I showcase for you today.
 
So what are you waiting for, come take a walk to our destination for today: -
 
Destination: - Shiny Shabby
Tree: - Little Branch Lemon Tree v1 and v2 – (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Tree: – Little Branch New England Tree v2 (4 Seasons)
Lemons – Lark Lemons (Boxed)