#527 Text: - They have them in stock



Ugh, there are very few times when I let myself get frustrated by large corporations (I’ve resigned to the fact that they may just not put as much emphasis on certain things as smaller companies do -ie Customer Service) but stores frustrate me. To explain, I like to brouse around shops and to put it plainly if I see something that I like I take a pic of it with my phone which includes price as well.
I may take a few weeks to go get it but this is my frustration.

So, here’s the story.  I wanted to buy a blanket from this store.  Not just any blanket… a blanket that has a beautiful weave and seems to be one of a kind. So I took the photo and price and came back in a fortnight and they said they didn't have any left, ok that was my fault, however was told it was available online.  So, I log on to the website to check stock and hopefully, order online to have it shipped to my house.  Easy enough right?  Yay!  Found the blanket and now, I’ve added it to my cart.
Woot… Now, to check out and get my blanket shipped to me. But wait.  What’s that little icon with the cross through it. Ohhh, I can’t actually buy it online.  Darn. Stupid, why would the advice be correct...

So, I pick up the phone and call the store and get an operator.

Me:  “Hi, I’m sitting and looking at a product that I want but it’s at a location, in stock, and I live in (blank)  How can I get that product?”
Operator:  “You can’t”
Huh.  I can’t get a product that I clearly see on the website.  Even though that took me back a bit, I press on.
Me: “Oh.  Well, can I get it transferred between stores?”
Operator:  “No.”
Me:  “Umm… Okay, why does it allow you to add it to a shopping cart for online shopping?”
Operator:  “Well, some people make a list, print it out and bring it into the store.”
Me:  “No, they don’t really… Do they?”
Operator:  “I don’t know.  You can buy some products online but not all of them.”
Me:  “Where do the products come from?”
Operator:  “A central warehouse.”
Me:  “Okay, how can I get that central warehouse to send a blanket to me?”
Operator:  “They can’t.”
Me:  “Why?”
Operator:  “Because they don’t carry that item.”
Me:  “Okay, so why can’t I buy it online again?”
Operator:  “Because we don’t take credit cards over the phone or Internet.”
Me:  “But you just said some items can be purchased online and hence the reason the website says Buy Online, and it allows me to add to my cart.”
Operator:  “Only some items can be bought online.”

At this point, I’m confused.  Like… really, really confused.

Me to Operator: So to recap, even though the product says it is available, you won't transfer it from one store to another store, I can't purchase via credit card? I need to travel the distance to go get the blanket otherwise I miss out... Can you confirm that the blanket is available at this store.
Operator:  “No you will need to call the store direct.”

Thinks to myself it is my fault for not purchasing it earlier, but customer service is not as good as it used to be..do you think?

Wearing the gorgeous outfit from Gizza Creations called the Chloe Cropped Sweater and Asymmetric Skirt, with the beautiful new handbag from Minimal, and the stunning curtains from Cinphul from Shiny Shabby, I bring to your our destinations for today: -

Destinations: - Shiny Shabby


Outfit: - GizzA Creations Chloe Cropped Sweater and Asymmetric Skirt (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Hair: - E - Wendice (Elikatira)
Shoes: - Fri. Lydia Socks (New)
Neva Glasses Old: - Minimal Neva Glasses (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Handbag: - Minimal Handbag Black (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Half Circle: - Pixel Mode Rustic half circle (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Branch Vase: -Pixel Mode Branch vase (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Frame: - Pixel Mode rustic frame (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Curtains: - Cinphul Brooding Curtains  (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Shoes: - Essenz - Bratislava (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Cushions: - Cinphul Noir Me Tangerine 5b, 6b, and 4d
Phone: - Kunst Kphone S/Metal


Pose: - Atooly Poses - 012