#580 It's ok to say No...






“All of our unhappiness comes from our inability to be alone.” – Jean de la Bruyere


Being alone and being lonely are not the same thing. I am used to spending time alone. I’m not single, but being alone (as in no one around for ½ day etc etc) is a new concept for me. I have brothers and sisters, I have nephews and nieces, (lots). I loved being around people, and absolutely hated my own time. It is along the way that I learnt to appreciate my alone time. This has caused many people in my life to worry about me. They think something is wrong. They think I am depressed and unhappy. Whilst others think I have become unsociable and some have taken it personally. I have lost some friends along the way because they were so used to just dropping over every day, if not twice a day and I ended up saying, “I love you, but can you come another day”?


What may seem rude to them is that I don’t need their undivided attention anymore, I have learnt as well to say NO. I was known as the person who was always busy and never home, always available anytime. The truth is that I found it exhausting but I didn’t know any other way to be. It was the only way I knew how to be part of a social circle that I could relate to in any way.


I am a very private person and although I connect with people easily, I am selective about making friends and letting people into my life. So, rather than be alone, I did what I needed to in order to stay part of my social circle.  I always felt like I didn’t quite relate or fit in, but at the same time I didn’t want to stand out or be different — I wanted to feel part of the group. We had similar backgrounds and shared an interest in music, attending concerts, eating out and travelling. I had many fun and enjoyable times, but I couldn’t help but feel as though something was missing. It was depth and substance that was missing.


So peace and alone time is something I had never experienced. In fact, it wasn’t even something I knew I wanted until two-three years ago when I was at an emotional breaking point and peace and alone time was the only two things that kept me sane. I had to take a step back from life. The truth is spending time alone is how I rediscovered my happiness. I had time to reflect on what made me happy and what had been causing me pain. I became aware of the people in my life who contributed positive energy and intentions and those who did not. Most importantly, for the first time in my life, I felt at peace.


I’d love you to share your experience. How do you feel about spending time alone?


Showcasing for you some of the amazing items available right now at Collabor88, I bring to you the destinations for today: -


Destinations: - Collabor88, RKPoses


Head: - Catwa Head [Gwen]
Skin: - Glam Affair - Catwa Applier - Vanessa – America (New) @ Collabor88
Baby’s Breath Crown: - =Zenith=Baby`s Breath Flower Crown (New) @ Collabor88
Hat:- =Zenith=Spring Rattan Hat (Light) (New) @ Collabor88
Dress: - Emery Austin Dress Skin for Maitreya Body (New) @ Collabor88
Jacket: - Emery Amsterdam Denim Jacket Washed Blue (New) @ Collabor88
Hair: - Lamb. Foxygen - Light Blonde (New) @ Collabor88
Field: - Little Branch Bouton d'or Lavender{Field}


Pose: - RKPoses_Maya_1 @ RKPoses