#554 Savouring the alone time...








The great omission in life is solitude; not loneliness, for this is an alienation that thrives most in the midst of crowds, but that zone of time and space free from outside pressure which is the incubator of the spirit. -- Marya Mannes, author and critic..
 
A few weekends ago, I realized I had spoken to approx. eight people that whole weekend.   
Sounds pretty tragic actually… The people were my nephew who was visiting, two friends I had known for years, two friends on Second life, the young girl at the checkout admiring my bracelet on my arm as she talked about her plans for the weekend when she gets off shift, the pizza boy that treated my PMS moments and brought my awesome meat lovers pizza, and lastly the nosey neighbor telling me that my lawns are getting long and need a trim. P.S – (Thoughts about the old biddy, That’s if the bloody rain decides to ease off in the afternoons and the heat of 40’c temperatures give me some peace so I can go out and mow the lawns)....Curses the old bat that has nothing else to do but whine.
 
From the Friday night until Sunday night I did not have any parties to go to, friends to meet or family to attend to. I turned off my IPhone Saturday morning after talking to my friends and my only company was a blaring iPod dock and me dancing around cleaning the house to the music. I was not sick, depressed or left at a loose end by friends who all had other plans. In fact, I was invited to the movies by both friends, even invited out for dinner, and asked to the movies twice, but declined politely as all  I wanted to do was just chill and do nothing. This is not a new experience for me.
 
As a child sometimes I used to ask my mother to tell friends I was in the shower when they called, and as a twenty-something I would turn down offers to go to music festivals or skiing at weekends because, after a long week at work, the last thing I wanted to do was to be around people, especially back then when all I did was on the phones talking to people.
 
I’ve noticed as I got older my solitary tendencies sometimes seem to get worse. For e.g.: If I go for a walk with a friend to the local markets, I can be around people for say a couple of hours, but at the end I am tired and tetchy, aggressive at the mum’s that don’t know how to push a trolley and bang into your ankles, and all I want to do sometimes is run to the car and head back home. I have no patience for crowds!!.
 
My friends accept me as I am, and sometimes think “she’s having one of those days’, if you’re not willing to be in touch with people 24 hours a day by tweets, texts or at dinner parties, you’re viewed with suspicion.

I love what I call my Blissing’ Out moments. I could enjoy a whole weekend sometimes not talking to anyone if it was possible. I laugh sometimes I see people posting on Facebook and showcasing a post of a country house that seems to be in the middle of nowhere with no Wi-Fi, no computer and people say could you live there?. My answer in less than a second would be ABSOLUTELY!!. Solitude. The silence. The expansion. That deep, deep feeling of freedom, of course I would live there. For how long I don’t know, but would love the complete feeling of relaxation.  I think it is my intense desire for self-exploration and expansion that drives my love of solitude.  Being alone I am forced to deal with whatever feelings are surfacing within me instead of constantly being stimulated by other people or things. It is in sitting with these feelings and accepting them that I have come to understand, appreciate and love myself more.
 
Don’t ever be afraid to just be on your own. Sometimes we all need this time just to love what we do and why we are here.

 


 
Showcasing the beautiful works of Reverie, I bring to you an amazing outfit called “Crystall Outfit” in the Aztec style @ at Uber, and the gorgeous “Moon Hair” called Echoes in the blonde version. Finally the stunning styles of Eyelure with their new I HEART U necklace and the beautiful lipstick from Zibska called Florence @ The Liaison Collaborative.

So what are you waiting for come take a walk to our destination for today: -

 


 

Outfit: - Reverie Crystall outfit – Aztec – (New) @ Uber

Hair: - Moon Hair – Echoes – in blonde

Lipstick: - Zibska – Promo – Florence – No 9 (New) @ TheLiaison Collaborative

Necklace: - Eyelure – I HEART U necklace in gold (New) @ Eyelure

 

Pose: By Bauhaus Movement

 

Pic: - Taken near the Liaison Collaborative