#893 The twinkle, the ambiance, the warmth.. That's why I love Christmas..


I love Christmas lights. The twinkle, the ambiance, the warmth. For some reason these little glowing lamps make me smile from ear to ear. 

People seem to spend hundreds of dollars and snake them around the skinny trunks of palm trees, and even attach them to their tiny apartment balconies. They change normally-white outdoor bulbs to ones of red and green.  I must admit I prefer the soft white lights – seems to me more of a White Christmas that I can’t have been summer in December. I’m sure I love this because it reminds me of my childhood but I also love it because there is no practical reason for it. It’s not rational. In fact, it’s completely irrational. 

It’s a total pain to hang lights around a house. It costs us more money in extra electricity. It’s a huge inconvenience when it becomes time to take it all down again and wait another year. Yet we seem to do it each year over and over again. 

I’m sure this strange tradition means many things to many people. But for me, it’s a gentle reminder of time for family and also been irrational in the hanging of the lights and dragging out once again the enormous Christmas tree.. 

Showcasing the amazing new works available now from some awesome designers. 
So what are you waiting for, come take a walk to our destinations for today:- 

Destinations:  UberShiny ShabbyContrast 

RKKN. Cate's Sweater Black/Maitreya - (New) @ Uber 
{ViSion} // Charlotte Panties V1 – Maitreya - (New) @ Uber 
Ariskea [Fir] Star Wall Décor - (New) @ Uber 
Ariskea [Fir] Small Fir Tree - (New) @ Uber 
Contrast - Omaha Stool (grey) - (New) @ Contrast 
Nutmeg. Countryside Dream Open Wardrobe / 3 - (New) @ Shiny Shabby  
Nutmeg. Holiday Wreath Bonus Item (No Shadow)  - (New) @ Shiny Shabby 
Nutmeg. Wooden Candlestick v1 - (New) @ Shiny Shabby 
Apple Fall Clifton Cast Iron Fireplace (White) 
zerkalo ] Magical Christmas – Sock  
zerkalo ] Magical Christmas - Christmas Branch 
zerkalo ] Magical Christmas - Basket with Ornaments 
{vespertine-  rosehip arrangement / golden 
dropping ivy 
Pose: Amitie Xmas Lights Single 01 - (New) @ Uber