#574 Just believe...





Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish....
 
Reflecting on Martin Luther King achievements, it’s important to consider the one thing that made it possible for him (and many others) to indelibly impact the world: which was his “dream”. “I have a dream”… Still, it’s important to remember that in order to express and ultimately realize your own dreams, you have to believe in yourself.  Yet, believing, especially in yourself, is much easier said than done. I know this first hand, because for the majority of my teenager life, I suffered from one of the most debilitating diseases known – a disbelief in myself. I was shy (still am to a point), and didn’t believe in myself.

It started for me in my first year of high school. My teachers (while giving inspiration to other students) lowered their expectations for me and attempted to narrow my vision. Although this didn’t break me, I was creative and slightly different from others, quiet, didn’t speak up much, and therefore didn’t recognise my talents until later in life when I started my first job.
I am generally a pretty happy person, and do feel overwhelmed, stressed, or just waking up "on the wrong side" does happen a lot and when this happens I think to myself, often, am I doing the right thing, am I good at my work? My self-worth, or lack thereof, my self-doubt, I carried with me for years, a poison that creeps back in on occasions when I am feeling low.
So when I start to feel in this mood, I wanted to share my top five tips on how to believe in yourself.
Maintain an attitude of gratitude - Regardless of how life seems to challenge you, if you put out good thoughts you'll attract these in return. I've applied this lesson from personal relationships through to my business and it works.
Do something nice - I am not talking about setting up a charity or doing a big fundraiser (however, if you have the time and passion - go forth!) It can be as little as complementing the lady at the bus stop on her shoes, buying your partner their favourite chocolate on the way home, giving your friend a lift to the airport etc. Their happiness from your small act of kindness is bound to rub off, it makes you feel good, and you feel better about yourself. Plus a smile reduces stress and lowers heart rate.
Tap into good memories - Whether it is a picture from a holiday or a song that brings back some seriously good memories, pull it out from the memory bank and daydream. Play a song that you love, scream out the words and sing along, even if your singing can be improved slightly ;). This will help you reduce your anxiety and is a no brainer to have you on your path to a better mood including feeling happy.
Figure out what matters to you - Knowing what I value has helped me stay true to myself in all of the choices I make. When you're living in alignment with your values it allows you to tap into the natural confidence you have in the areas that are most important to you.
Know that tough times can be good - My biggest voids are actually what are steering me through life. I believe that what challenges you the most, may be the very thing you’re destined to overcome and may hold the key to living your true purpose.

Wearing the stunning new Collar called 'Joan' from Salt and Pepper @ We <3 RP (coming soon) and the gorgeous gown also from Salt and Pepper called 'Reese' @ Shiny Shabby on now.


So what are you waiting for, come take a walk to:
 
Destination: - We <3 RP, Shiny Shabby

Collar: - S&P Collar Joan (Maitreya) @ We <3 RP
Gown: - S&P Gown Reese (Maitreya) @ Shiny Shabby
Hair: - [Entwined] Arya - Blonde
Head: - LeLutka.Mesh Head-STELLA v1.3 with Glam Affair
 
Pose: Amitie Fresh 02
Destination: Taken at the ‘Gathering’ (must see!!)