#420 The Art of writing a letter with Eyelure and What Next


I had to write a letter the other day for an article that was going into a magazine. I was pretty excited. I was asked that it had to be completed the old way, "How to write a letter". I said to the publisher, What I can't email the article? I was told that this piece had to be about how to write a letter the old fashioned way, and they expected to receive it the old fashioned way. I thought to myself the days of the letter seems to be dying. I had to think, when was the last time that I had picked up a pen and had to write a letter. I honestly couldn't tell you. It would be years. My handwriting is atrocious, computer typing is so much better, easier and quicker. Xmas cards would be online and animated, and i never give out Xmas cards anymore.

I do remember a long time back that my mother without fail would have an up to date listing of all her friends and relatives that she would write too for Easter, and Christmas. The listing was so old, that the paper had so many lines through it from when people moved and changed addresses.

I went to see her at Easter, and apart from walking around the premises with her, doing laps,  as she has what is called 'Sunset Dementia' and wanders around at Sunset. I wondered to myself if she misses writing like she used to. When I arrived she was sitting in a lounge, surprise, surprise.
I approached her and she didn't know me, I couldn't kiss her to wish her a Happy Easter as then I would be given a healthy slap on the face. I have to wait till she gets a glimmer of remembrance before I can give her a kiss on the cheek.  I approached her, bent down and passed her the Easter Card from all the family with a small gift, wishing her a Happy Easter, and she picked up the card, looked at the envelope, smiled and then put it back down only to stand and walk away.  I wondered where she thought she was going, but the Easter Card was left on the chair in the envelope and forgotten.  I opened the card, put it on her dresser, and then found her and continued to do the copious laps of the premises, until it was time to say goodbye. Maybe 15 laps achieved. Only so much chatter you can do, when walking and when the person doesn't answer it gets a bit hard.

It made me wonder in the future whether people will continue to write letters. The day of the postman is slowly ending and the future of the letter will be not pen to paper but the annoying emails that seem to fill your inbox. Is this what we want?

Wearing the cute and casual outfit from Eyelure, I bring to you our destinations for today: -

Destinations: - @ Eyelure and What Next
Top: - Easy Tee Mint (New) @ Eyelure 
Pants: - Bootcut Yoga  White Mint Love (New) @ Eyelure 
Floor Cushion:Valencia Floor Cushion (New) @ {What Next} 
House: - 01 - 8f8 - primavera in Toscana  Mansion RARE - Arcade Event
Plant: - Gift - Banana Potted Little branch - (New) @  Shiny Shabby
Coloured Paper: - Sari-Sari - Art Class - Colored Papers (New) @Xiasumi School Festival
Pencils: - Tres blah- Workspace - Pencil Holder
Hair: - Winnie Hair (Reg) - Basics @ ~Tableau Vivant~

Pose: - Bauhaus Movement - Chopay