#418 When you dream of being a travelling wilbury with Purple Moon and Bauhaus Movement


Travelling is a great way to meet new people.  It is a way to learn to accept a different way of living, but most of all embracing the vast array of cultures and amongst everything learning that we are all the same no matter where we live, we just have different values and different upbringings. When you haven't been travelling for a while, you feel what is called the "travel “bug”.  For a start, it infects you until you travel again. It starts off as short trips and the longer you are away the travel bug seems to grind at your teeth until you travel again. But the bonus is that sometimes, the travel bug is contagious. When I first announced I was going to live abroad a while back and travel for an extended time,  I received mixed reactions. Some of them bothered me, only because some friends were being slightly selfish and saying "what about me" why are you leaving me? 
When I did leave for my first abroad trip, I was sending monthly emails to most of my friends, rather than having any particularly personal contact, I couldn't really care about what their reactions were to my travels, it is hard to explain but some were very angry that I left. It was best I leave and let them understand the reasons why.  That’s when a funny thing happened. I started to get a lot of emails — particularly if I hadn't sent an update for a while — where people said that they were traveling vicariously through me. They’d caught the travel bug. Over the years, some of these friends started going on trips inspired by some of the places I’d visited, and they even asked me for advice. So perhaps the lesson is that not caring so much about what people think is the best thing to do. You announce to your friends or family that you’re planning yet another trip. Instead of being excited or even plain jealous, these people just look at you quizzically, totally unable to comprehend why you would want to go away again, and especially to a place they've barely heard of or can’t imagine in their entire lives ever wanting to visit. 
I sometimes wish i could be a travelling wilbury, and to explore more and more off the beaten track places. The travel bug is calling now that i am home, and one day I will set sail once again. For now though I can be a travelling wilbury in my other life - SL. There are many destinations to explore this month and one of these is Purple Moon. Purple Moon has a fun and enjoyable Easter Hunt happening right now! Over 10 items available for you to find. Wearing one of the items from the Easter Hunt - 'Item 7 - Masami Dress'. So what are you waiting for come take a walk to our many destinations for today: - 
Dress: - :: PM :: Masami Dress in Pink  (New) @ Purple Moon (Easter Egg Hunt - Item 7).
Sofa: - Trompe Loeil - Enfield Couch + Blanket/Pillow {A} (New) @ Fameshed
Hair: - Tableau Vivant~ Sherilyn hair - Blonds - (New) @ Collabor88
Suitcases: {what next} Vintage Suitcases Stack - (New) @ The Liaison Collaborative
Picture: - Bauhaus Movement - Nene Set Mirror Birds - (New) @ Xiasumi School Festival 
Cabinet: - Bauhaus Movement - Nene Set Cabinet - Vintage - (New) @ Xiasumi School Festival 
Vase: - Bauhaus Movement - Nene Set Vase - (New) @ Xiasumi School Festival 
Books: - Bauhaus Movement - Nene Set Books - (New) @ Xiasumi School Festival 
Busker Guitar: - Apple Fall Martins' Busker Guitar - (New) @ The Liaison Collaborative
Cordial: - Apple Fall Elderflower Cordial - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Newspaper: - Apple Fall Crumpled Newspaper - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Camera: - AF Vintage Portable Camera

Pose: - Bauhaus Movement - Thoughts