#676 We will remember...


I have this freedom today and the luxury of coming and going as I please as my ancestors have given me this freedom as I sit and remember on this special day those who lost their lives and have given us this freedom.

You see, today marks ‘Anzac Day’. It is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served.

Observed on the 25 April each year, Anzac Day was originally to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli against the Ottoman Empire during World War I, in which one of them was my Great Uncle who I never met, and his gravestone remembered at Gallipoli where he fell on the 3rd May, 1915.

My mother used to talk about Les, and how she remembers this blonde gentle man, and the day she remembers him leaving her side never to see him again. Imagine, waving goodbye to your brother only to be waving them goodbye for the last time.

As I sit here seeing the sun rise gently over the water, I share with you the all familiar poem that was written at the time of World War 1 over 102 years ago.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Showcasing the amazing new designs available right now at our awesome destinations. So what are you waiting for, come take a walk to:

Destinations: Shiny Shabby, Uber and Cosmopolitan

LYBRA . Sienna Set in Taupe - Maitreya - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Nutmeg. Bachelor Bag Black - (New) Shiny Shabby
Glam Affair - Lucille - Catwa Mesh Head Applier - America - (New) Uber
TLC Pincher With Friend  (New) Cosmopolitan
Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V4.1
Ariskea[Winter in Canada] Northern Lantern
[Entwined] Abella

Pose:RK Poses. Girls' time (New) at RK Poses (one of the three used for this pose)