#541 Bric a Brac and all things shabby







Don’t hate me!! Real life has kept me exceptionally busy and I thank you for staying on as a reader in Second life Destinations R Us. Now I am back I want to talk to you about interior designs. One that I truly adore is that of the shabby chic style. Shabby Chic interior design is aged furniture. It could be chosen for its appearance of age with all these signs of wear and tear or it can be distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.
I just adore personally the shabby chic style and can’t seem to get enough of it. Most especially French farmhouses. I find the combination of these styles to be calm, relaxing and welcoming. They make a house feel like a home as soon as you take a step towards the front door. I most definitely should have been born in the UK, not Australia, apart from hating the heat here in Australia, give me the shabby style and the cold and I am one happy woman.


My home is a happy combination of old, new and homemade, polished floors, timber, browns, whites and blacks.  I have a good amount of new furnishings and décor from my favorite stores such as, Zerkalo, Bauwerk, 22769, and many others.
Everything I own tells a story, and has history.. and I love that about my home in Second life.


On the quiet, my real life home is exactly the same – the style of shabby chic.
Showcasing for you today, I bring to you some styles available now from Zerkalo and Bauwerk, which is our destination for today: -


Destinations: - Zerkalo, Bauwerk @ Shiny Shabby




Sideboard Dark: - Zerkalo Coffee on the Porch – The Season’s Story
Coffee Cup: – Zerkalo Coffee on the Porch – The Season’s Story
Eggs: - Zerkalo Coffee on the Porch – The Season’s Story
Table Dark: - Zerkalo Coffee on the Porch – The Season’s Story
Frame 1 & 2: (Moscow) – Zerkalo Memories @ Shiny Shabby
Books 1 & 2: – Zerkalo Memories @ Shiny Shabby
Book Lamp: – Zerkalo Memories @ Shiny Shabby
Ottoman: (Dark – Rare) – Zerkalo Memories @ Shiny Shabby
Candles: (Dark) – Zerkalo Memories @ Shiny Shabby
Pillow: (London) – Zerkalo Memories @ Shiny Shabby
Lace Drapes: – 22769 Bauwerk @ Shiny Shabby
Bird Cage Floor Lamp: – 22769 Bauwerk @ Shiny Shabby
Hair: – Entwined – Blair @ Shiny Shabby
Skin: - Belinda Skin – Ys and Ys @ Shiny Shabby
Ground Dove: – Anc  - Arcade item
Feather Earrings: – Zaara Feather Earrings – Collabor88
Jasmine Outfit: (Light Brown) – Asia Rae @ Shiny Shabby
Lelutka Mesh Head Stella

Pose: - Anlar Poses – The Honour Series No Five @ Shiny Shabby
Pic: Taken at a unique destination - Soyokaze