#738 Free weeds, pick your own...


Some of my most precious childhood memories are around gardening. Growing up, my mother and father had a large vegetable garden and many fruit trees when we lived. They had a compost pile and, in those days, that was quite unusual compared to our neighbours. I loved the idea of our food scraps and lawn clippings nurturing our vegetable bounty rather than the use of any chemical. Although the compost did have a somewhat unpleasant odour and appearance, it was magic to our garden, the plants loved it! No other vegetables were as tasty as a salad made from ingredients harvested minutes earlier! 

My family had an impressive variety of vegetables such as cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, zucchini, and many more that were planted every year; plants like strawberries, raspberries, and rhubarb; and fruit trees like apples, and plums. My parent's garden provided us with delicacies you could not buy as well as well as more delicious options for those items in the store. 

The garden was always a place of safety and serenity, a place of magic and learning about myself. Being in the garden had a way of instantly calming me and engaging a parasympathetic response in my body. It was also a glorious source of delightful and pleasing sensory input. 

Despite being squeamish and yes, let me admit it, scared of the flying and creepy crawling things, spiders, rats and you name it, I screamed if it crawled over me in the garden, I was also very fascinated by them. As long as my mum and dad were in the garden with me, I was ok and I was safe. Often times just the sound of hum of a bee, or the soft almost trance like noise from the birds that we had nearby. These sounds and smells can take me instantly back to the family garden 

To this day I am still in awe when I see plant bursting with delicious abundance.  One cannot beat the sense of accomplishment and empowerment of planting a seed, nourishing the plant, and then enjoying its harvest.  More than any other sense, smell seems capable of transporting us to other places and times. Every plant has its own scent and together these fragrances sang. Sometimes just smelling my produce transports me back to my childhood.
 Showcasing the awesome new works available now from some amazing designers. 
So, what are you waiting for, come take a walk to our destinations for today: - 

Destinations: -  UberThe Sense Event 

JIAN Highland Cattle Shed - (New) @ Uber 
JIAN Highland Farm Fence Gate - (New) @ Uber 
JIAN Highland Cattle Static – Chew - (New) @ Uber 
JIAN Highland Cattle Grazer - (New) @ Uber 
JIAN Highland Cattle Static - Laying Moo - (New) @ Uber 
JIAN Chicken Collection :: Wanderer - (New) @ Uber 
Little Branch - LB_Giant Beech{Animated}4Seasons  - (New) @ The Sense Event 
Little Branch - LB_WeepingWillow.V2 {4Seasons} 
*aliriumDwarfForest [OldGold] 
MSD - Abandoned Car Garden  
Apple Fall Bushmead Railing Wide (White)