#629 So what did they think of the song?



I love personally to play music, whether that be guitar, piano, or sometimes sing in the car. I know I play music well, but my singing, well is not what I think to be as great as my music playing. I would panic to sing in front of people unless they pay me lots and lots of money. In saying that, we sometimes worry what people think. I have always wondered why and I tend to go out of my way to make sure that they are happy. Almost like pleasing them.

I know now it is it’s not healthy to try to please everyone, and how to stop yourself from doing so. Seeking approval from others is perfectly fine up until the point where you are compromising your health and happiness in the process. It becomes a serious problem if you feel as though widespread positive approval from others is the very oxygen you need to breathe.There was a time in my life when I felt exactly this way. I literally felt like I was short of breath – almost as if I’d die if my peers didn’t approve of me. This is a condition that developed in my mind when I was very young, after kids in primary school teased me for being a “nerd.”  I did everything I could to win their approval although I grew out of my awkward stage pretty early in my teenage years, the damage was done – I was left feeling insecure.

When I first started writing on this blog, I’d agonize over whether people would think what I was writing was good enough.  I desperately hoped they’d like it, and oftentimes I’d catch myself imagining they didn’t. Then one day I realized how much energy I was wasting worrying about it. So I’ve gradually learned to relax with simply not knowing, and occasionally looking at the stats J.


Some problems in life, such as not knowing what others think of you, are not really meant to be resolved. How people perceive you may have more to do with them than you anyway. So here’s a new mantra, – say it, and then say it again:
 “This is my life, my choices, my mistakes and my lessons only"

For now though, whilst I wait to hear whether they liked my music, I bring to you our destinations for today. So what are you waiting for, come take a walk to:

Destinations: - Shiny Shabby Event Chapter Four and Uber

Music Centre: - .02 [ kunst ] - Vintage music centre RARE - (New) @ Shiny Shabby
Urban Sailor outfit: - GizzA - Urban Sailor [Beige]  - (New) @  Chapter Four
Tamborine: - Thunk! Tamborine (Deco) - (New)  Chapter Four
Didgeridoo: -Thunk! Stripe Didgeridoo (Deco) - (New)  Chapter Four
Insect: - AZOURY - Cox Insect - (New)  Chapter Four
Hair: - Little Bones. Winona - The Blondie - (New) @ Uber
Mesh Eyes: - L'Etre - Mesh Eyes [#6] CeruleanEyes
Heels: - Fri.day - Keiko.Platforms
Violin: - Bauhaus Movement - Anais's Violin - RED