#466 Adopt the pace of Nature with Zerkalo


Maybe I am on a nature rant at the moment, but I so miss camping. Having not done it since Christmas, I am starting to feel the urge once again. Feels like a travel bug when you get it, but instead it is exciting exploring a new place, pitching a tent, starting a fire, and then chatting with friends and love ones and being away from everything except for yourselves.

Here are five reasons why camping is so much fun: -

Camping makes me realise the things I need to exist and be happy are actually very simple. All you need are these five things to make camping so much fun.

1) Shelter:In my case I have ‘Aggie’ the tent. I bought her last year for a camping holiday in France. She was given this name as no matter what how I put her up she is always a bit saggy. She provides us with adequate space for sleeping and storage and is even big enough for me to stand up in (sometimes being small has it’s advantages). 

2) Food:I have a brilliant 2 ring camping stove with a grill, so we can pretty much cook anything we’d normally cook at home. A billy available, firewood a plenty and matches to light the way. No mods and cons, just a simple get away with what the earth supplies. (Maybe the occasion firelighter just in case the earth gives too much rain ;).

3) Bed:To be honest this is far from simple and usually consists of an air bed, double sleeping bag, duvet and pillows, but everyone is allowed a bit of comfort aren’t they? I really enjoy just having the things I need around me. In some ways it’s similar to travelling, with all my belongings packed into one backpack. It feels so liberating!

4) Peace: - Camping is just so quiet and peaceful. As I sit here on my verandah typing this, I can hear the birds tweeting, but this is overpowed by the noise of cars driving along the road further down adjacent to my house. When you are camping, its the sounds of nature that become the soundtrack to your day. There is nothing better than being treated to a rather chatty owl at night to send me off to my sleep to be woken up by a beautiful dawn chorus of cockatoos. Bliss!


5) Disconnected: - I quite like being disconnected from the outside world, no television, no phone, no Wi-Fi. Although on my last trip I somehow managed to find Wi-Fi in the middle of a field. There is something quite nice about being in the moment with your fellow camper and not being distracted by the outside world. Forced disconnection from the distractions of everyday life means we get time to reconnect. Just talking, listening, laughing and planning for future adventures together if you are with a loved one is just pure enjoyment. Nothing but the stars overhead and the sounds of the nightlife around you. Did i mention the possums?? OMG. I guess that is better than lions.  

These are the reasons why I love camping, and of course finding the new Bedouin Tent created by an awesome designer  - Zerkalo, this reminded me of 'Aggie'. The Bedouin tent is available now at the Fantasy Collective.

Don't you agree, sometimes we all need to get back to nature to appreciate the simple things in life. <3

So what are you waiting for come take a walk to our destination for today: - 


Destinations: - The Fantasy Collective

Tent: -  Bedouin Tent  - Sands - (New) @ The Fantasy Collective
Campfire: - Bedouin Campfire (New) @ The Fantasy Collective
Rugs:- Persian Rugs - Sands - (New) @ The Fantasy Collective
Clothes Line: - Vagabond Rusty's Clothes Line - (New) @ Uber
Gulls: - Ohmai Ivory Gull and Pacific Gull - (New) @ Uber
Picnic Basket: - What Next Picnic Basket
Pot: - Sunnany Post Pot
Clock: - Floorplan Lantern Clock