#449 Embrace with Zerkalo, Zenith and Diva


I heard a new song the other day from a band called Goldroom, and their song is called "Embrace" (see song below). The words go like this for the purpose of this blog.

There are things that I need to say,

Things that I need to find a way to rest my head,

Come right now,
Now that you walk away,

Gonna let you walk away.

I've been thinking bout you everyday,

I'm feeling I could save the day
Warming in your embrace

Blurry visions of tight eyes

Gotta love things that I need to see

Gotta love the things that I need too

Flying to rest my head

Just trying to cut my eyes

Gotta let you walk away
Better let you walk away

Feeling left to save the day

Love hoping it can make its way


This song I dedicate to my mother. I never write for sympathy or for kind words, there are so many other people that don't have their loved ones anymore. I write this to make people more aware of the horrible disease that affects hundreds of 1000's across the world that is called Alzheimer's Disease and that has affected my mother for the past 15 years. In a way I am lucky to still have my mother, whilst she has no memory, nor able to give me any sort of embrace anymore, nor remember my name. She prattles on to herself in her own language, she is smiling - sometimes and almost everytime angry with the world. Occasionally a word now and then makes sense but all I can do is nod and smile and occasionally turn my head with tears. For those that are unsure what is Alzheimer's Disease, it is an irreversible and progressive brain disease that slowly destroys memory and thinking skills and eventually the ability to do simple tasks such as clean teeth, or brush hair, get dressed, wash, eat becomes impossible. Most people with Alzheimer's, the symptoms first appear after the age of 65. Alzheimer's is the common cause of dementia among older people and there is no cure.

I hope one day, that they find a cure and the answer is just around the corner. Whilst it will not fix my mother's deterioration that I see everyday, I do hope that no one else will have to go through this disease. Whilst it is a little away as yet, don't forget to put this in your calendar for the month of September.
September is World Alzheimer's Month'!

September 2015 will mark the fourth global World Alzheimer's month, an international campaign to raise awareness and challenge stigma. The theme will be called 'Remember Me".

The background to my post today is courtesy of some amazing designers from the Shiny Shabby Event. These designers one of them is my ultimate favorite and that is Zerkalo. Zerkalo have created the gorgeous theme called "Love Next" which I showcase some examples for you today, with a cute dress from Zenith and the up-style hair also from Shiny Shabby Event from 'Diva' called Mia.

So what are you waiting for come take a walk to our destination for today: -

Destination: -  Shiny Shabby (May Round)

Pillow: - Love Nest Floral Pillow from Zerkalo New @ Shiny Shabby
Books: - Zerkalo Love Nest - Vintage Books New @ Shiny Shabby
Floral Cups: - Zerkalo Love Nest Floral Cups  New @ Shiny Shabby
Rug:Zerkalo Love Nest Rug New @ Shiny Shabby
Slippers: - Zerkalo Love Nest Slippers New @ Shiny Shabby
Dress: - Vintage Lace Dress - Zenith New @ Shiny Shabby
Hair: - Diva Hair - Mia (Cat's Eye) New @ Shiny Shabby
Roses: - Apple Fall Roses (Pink)
Morning Coffee: - Hideki Morning Coffee

Pose: - Bauhaus Movement - Chopay