#376 Wave after Wave with Eyelure, Cae and Lassitude and Ennui






“There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.” ~Don Miguel Ruiz
Growing up I was a shy girl who just listened a lot and you could say was attached to my dad’s leg.  He was my protector and served as a source of unconditional love. Both my parents did this, but unfortunately kept me from growing up. They kept me protected and didn't show me how harsh the world could be. I swore I would never do that to my family. I would teach them reality, but slowly.


As I went off to school, I encountered many new faces that introduced me to criticism and judgment.
Judged because I looked like the average girl, Long blonde hair but as a tom boy as well. I much preferred to play hand ball with the boys, climb trees get dirty etc than talk about dresses, dolls or what I was going to wear with the girls to a dance. Even to this day, I have more male friends than females and my closest two females friends wouldn't dare ask me about clothes as they know that I get what I want.


At such a young age, I had no way to process the wave after wave of words tossed my way, so I built a shell around myself and often wished I could become invisible to avoid the hurting. I tried to carry on as if others’ words could not impact me.  What I quickly learned as I went through life is that we all encounter many people along the way who will attempt to tear us down and break our spirit.  After I graduated from university, I had to go on job interviews and pretend I was self-assured. Once I got the job, I had to give presentations, speak at meetings, and continue to fulfill my role with confidence. It took a long time that I didn't have to pretend anymore. I pushed myself to achieve and continue moving forward.  Ultimately, I realized that I felt insecure because I was still carrying around the words and judgments I’d heard at different points in my life as if they were written into the code of my DNA.  I allowed people who held no significance in my life to take from who I am and hinder the person I have come to be. I now ignore the critics, and am happy for who I am. For my readers, I say don't retreat away from the problems but face them head on, don't build that wall, even if it is dark. Tear that wall apart slowly and you will begin to feel more uplifted as you go and more confident, no matter what has happened in your life.


Wearing the beautiful new dress from Eyelure, and the cute black and white shoes from Lassitude and Ennui from the Candy Fair, I bring to you our destinations for today:-


Destinations: - Candy Fair and Eyelure

Outfit: - Eyelure LowBack Dress    GreenKnit (New from Eyelure)
Necklace: - Cae :: Folium :: Necklace (New from Fameshed)
Shoes: - Lassitude &Ennui Spin spin sugar (New from Candy Fair )
Hair: - [LeLutka]-SEIKO hair/Light Brunette
Ring: - Glam Affair - Gipsy Ring